Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's a BOY!

 
WE ARE HAVING A LITTLE BOY!!! And we are so excited!!! !  I would be overjoyed by either, and the night before the sonogram, I wrote out some of the great things about both, but now that I know it's a boy, I'm feeling so happy about this particular gender! I've also heard from a few friends that boys can be easier, and that they really love their Moms. I'm ready to be really loved! And it's great for Jose to get this chance for a son of course too. Jose left home before I was awake on Friday (day of our sonogram), and we both dressed all in blue without knowing the other had done the same.

This past weekend with my great friend Emmanuelle visiting from Montreal, we did some activities for the little guy – doing some hip stretching/dancing around the house, going on major 6+ mile walks, and buying a few little infant shirts and pajamas. We chose some with jungle animals (since Emmanuelle and I did a safari together in Tanzania) and some cute little preppy shirts. I’m on the hunt for a sailor outfit, and I think Emmanuelle found one already!

The little guy’s room is decorated with sailboat border, in honor of his grandmother, my Mom, and we’ll look for a sailboat themed blanket and other fun things too.

We have books for our guy in Spanish, French and English – and this Mom cannot wait to start the reading hours!

Final wonderful and important point – we did another round of screening that was possible at this stage, and all came back negative again. So our baby is A-OK. In the sonogram last Friday, he was sitting back comfortably with his two cute feet crossed. He seems to have a big head – my friend Emmanuelle who was with us, noted that it’s a bigger head than she thinks her daughter had at this time. This is a Hamilton trait! It’s so amazing to think of the wonderful mix of family stories and people that our son will have to build from. We continue to be so happy and excited to take care of him now, and really meet him in August.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Little boys are so fun! I have three nephews and I love them to pieces. They are so funny. You and Jose will have so much fun with the little guy. I am so happy for you both! I hope to talk to you soon. And I'm so happy that you're enjoying the pregnancy!
    Love,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete