Thursday, January 12, 2012

Smells and Cravings!


I quickly learned while in Sea Ranch, California with family (at about week 6) that I need to eat more frequent meals throughout the day. I can (sort of) beat nausea by not being hungry, and just need that extra constant energy. After all, my uterus has doubled in size already, and I’m working on doubling my total amount of blood for this wonderful period! Each day in Sea Ranch, I woke up with a very different craving – one morning, it was eggs. The next morning I never wanted to eat eggs again, and really wanted to eat yogurt.  Then when back in LA, I just wanted cereal to start the day. These cravings keep changing! Last night I was so in tune with lentils and veggies, now I just want yogurt and hummus again. 

SMELLS – there are some old flowers in the trash at my office kitchen, and I can barely walk by the kitchen! There is another food smell near the copy machine, so I’m not going near there again today! Sometimes the smell of red wine or coffee really bothers me (former things I loved, but now cannot imagine stomaching).

It’s really an interesting journey, and I love each day and new feeling with the blueberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment