Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 9 - blueberry to grape!

I started week 9 yesterday, and not only is the baby now the size of a grape, but the embryonic tail has also disappeared! Back in California, around week 5, we referred to the baby as the cells. Now it's not only a little creature formed from the cells, but a creature with hands, who can even make a fist now and move his or her joints! So I guess when you think about all this major development over last week (losing an embryonic tail and starting to move your joints seems really big), it's no wonder how tired I've been. And it's amazing to think that I churned out our biggest grant report of the year while all of this even greater work was going on inside my womb.

There is now a whole lot more blood in my body, which is supposed to put some pressure on my heart and make me tired, but also can give you redder cheeks and a very real pregnancy glow. When I met my good friend Vikram for lunch last Friday, I asked him if he noticed anything different about me, and he said that I was glowing!

Our first official prenatal appointment (after the initial sonogram to determine due date and confirm that a viable pregnancy) is Wednesday this week. I wish we could do more sonograms too!! The all important sonogram to show gender is at week 18 or 20, around end March - so this could actually be around our 4th wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment