Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oct 1 - Nico one month old!

Today is Nico's one month "birthday"!

Things are going pretty well. After a tough time of big fussiness and crying that I couldn't comfort without feeding, and Jose with bouncing on the exercise ball, Nico has now started a sweet cuddling phase where he doesn't want to be outside of someone's arms. Though busy, and doesn't allow for bathroom breaks when home alone, I much prefer this phase to inconsolable crying!

Another trick I have now to calm Nico down is walking around in our backyard and singing random songs in different languages. Today we met one of my neighbors there, and when I introduced her to Nico, he promptly spit up right down my chest - I guess this cleavage is good for something else besides feeding him!

Some other Nico details - he remains a very short (if any!) napper during the day, but has graced us with a great gift! He will do a big feeding about 7 in our bed with me, and then SLEEP from 8 to about 11! This is great, as this period was prior Nico's major fussy time. So now he gets rest, and Jose and I get a little time to be together. Nico is then up every few hours for more feedings, and is waking up for good earlier in the day - but having this night time break and getting him down and avoiding a major fussy time is worth it!

His eyes are HUGE and blue. He seems very determined and excited in much of his pursuits - which are basically feeding, being changed, hugging. And he is becoming bald! I think this is normal, but it's funny to see!

That's the latest for now. Happy one month birthday Nico!

No comments:

Post a Comment