Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oct 17 Update

Good news - things are going well! Nico is becoming more and more fun, and less fussy. AND we've done a few major outings just yesterday - I started a Moms and babies support group, which I really loved. It is 12 moms and babies, a mental health professional leading the group, where we discuss a different topic every week. There are other informal coffee shop meetings of Moms in my neighborhood, but I really liked this group with set themes and a leader to keep us all going! Then yesterday afternoon, I took Nico with me to a major work presentation for all of our international partners who are here in DC this week for strategy meetings. Nico stayed with Carolina for my 30 min presentation, and it went well. Getting out with Nico is a major step for me, as we haven't gone beyond the local park, weekend flea markets and grocery store.

Jose is in China for a 10 day work trip, and I've arranged for a lot of great friend visits. Besides loving my friends (thank you J-Leh, Andrea and Keri!!) I've also seen just how nice it can be to hang out with your baby and your friends. Being just with a baby, even a great one, can be hard after a long day...I have discovered another great activity with Nico that makes him happy - music! So far he likes African music and jazz most! It is really fun to dance together - much more fun than bouncing for no reason.

In other good news - I think our night time schedule is going really well. Nico continues to do a huge feeding about 7:30-9, then I get some great things like showering, eating, etc, before slipping into bed with Nico. He wakes up about 11:30, 2:30, 6:30 and then 8:30. I feed each time, and then get up to burp and change him and at this point I don't feel tired at all in the morning or when I get up with him. I actually love the chance to hold him and look at his big blue eyes.

Last week, Nico weighed in at 12 pounds! We thought he might have a cold last week (as both Jose and I had colds), and took him to the Dr. Thankfully, he had resisted our colds - good little immune system! But we did find out his latest weight at the Dr, which is always exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment