Monday, May 7, 2012

Remembering Nico's Grandmother

This past weekend, 2 days after Nico's grandmother's birthday, we held a ceremony at the Wellness Community in Delaware to dedicate a tree to my Mom, to honor and remember her contributions to the Wellness Community, and to share our memories and love for her.  Photos of "Nico and me" with my Mom's tree are to the right and below. This tree stands out from the other trees, like my Mom.


 




 Nico, through me, read the below poem for my Mom, who we're calling "GranElla":



I felt my grandmother’s arms wrapped around,
like fog that softly hugs the ground.
I saw joyful twinkling in her eye,
as sparkling stars adorn the sky.
I heard my grandmother’s voice, sweet song lifting
in harmony with breezes drifting.
She etched tender love into my heart,
Always with me right from the start.
Secretly connected before my birth,
I’ll bring my grandmother’s smile to earth.
 

2 comments:

  1. I was so deeply moved by this poem. GranElla loves it, I am certain. The last line was my favorite..." I'll bring my grandmother's smile to earth." Feel your Mom's love, every time Nico smiles at you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! You are a glowing mama. Sorry I missed the ceremony. Hope to catch up soon. Rita

    ReplyDelete