Thursday, August 2, 2012

Almost Full Term!


This Sunday we will be 37 weeks – full term! We still think that Nico is more likely to be late than early, and have a good feeling about Aug 31/Sept 1 with Aug 31st a full moon, and also similar to Jose’s birth during Uruguay’s hottest summer on Jan. 31st. This is the hottest summer on record in DC too.

These photos are from our trip last weekend to the beach – our last little trip pre-Nico and my last swim in the ocean as a pregnant Momma. It was wonderful to be at the beach – to enjoy the sun, sea, and sand, and think about the next time we’ll go to a beach with our little guy.

In other fun news, today I went to Jose’s office for a surprise baby shower!  We were three pregnant Mommas and Jose gave a nice speech saying how happy this pregnancy has been for us, and how the shower was a definite part of our happy moment leading up to our baby boy. With another nice congratulations speech from another colleague, and all the nice gifts and gestures that Jose’s work friends put into this celebration – it really made me feel even more how wonderful this moment is, and will be. We’re going to be meeting this guy soon!

In my prenatal yoga class, it’s now me and a few others who are the closest to the big due date. When I started this class, I was 12 weeks pregnant and could not wait to start showing a little belly. Now I have to adjust some poses to make room for this belly!

We still have over 3 weeks until the due date, and some important things like getting Nico’s bassinet set up, and getting a comfortable glider ready for the moments I’ll spend nursing him over the fall months.  

It's amazing to think that we are about to become parents together. I keep noticing cute things that Jose does, and wondering if Nico will do them too. I will soon have two Cabrera boys!! Que allegria!

No comments:

Post a Comment