Friday, February 10, 2012

Big TO DOs - plesae input!


I have some big “to do” items, besides our starting to plan for the guest to baby room transformation. If anyone has any insights, I’d really appreciate you contacting me on these big TO DOs:

Find child care options and get on waiting lists  -in DC, they say you should get on waiting lists before you conceive! I have not been able to quickly find a list based on internet searches, so it’s a bit tricky.

I have done google searches of course, and put out questions on babycenter DC groups, but really don’t have a sense of where to even start calling. So I’m really looking for any direct advice on DC, advice based on others’ experiences in or out of DC, and even advice on how to do my search better.

Looking into birthing doulas and potential Doctor change - as shared in another post, I felt that our Doctor was pretty “one size fits all” and didn’t really add any personal tips that I was hoping for. 

I like the idea of the doula for the extra emotional support they provide, and the more I think about it, the more I would like another supportive person involved in the pregnancy, and potentially there for the birth besides Jose. 

I’d maybe even be able to get a recommendation for a different Doctor via a doula, as there’s no way of knowing how personal a doctor might be from going through my insurance providers’ list of doctors.

If anyone has any tips on either of these, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment