Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eating, Sleeping, and Growing Belly


We are a few days into week 11, and the baby is now the size of a fig! At 11 weeks, growing babies are supposed to be doing all kinds of movements and flips, but you don’t feel these yet, because he/she is just not that big.

I’m still very tired, and nauseous around certain hours of the day, and feel pretty good after eating, and pretty bad before eating. I don’t yet have that renewed energy and reduced nausea I’ve read and heard about starting soon, but am looking forward to it!!

Here is an example of my day: wake up VERY hungry after sweating all night. Even with the heat turned down and extra blankets for Jose, I am an oven all night long! Enjoy fresh juice (not coffee or anything hot which turns me off) and healthy cereals with fiber, flax, fruits, etc. Get on the metro and make sure I get a seat, make it out of the metro and do the short walk to my office, arrive feeling ok, then by mid morning start feeling nauseous and must put on the sea-bands. Start feeling ravenous around 11am, and eat an apple with almond butter. Work and attend meetings over next few hours, and change meeting times if I must to get lunch not too long after 12:30! Feel very good after lunch. 2 hours later, start feeling very hungry and eat Greek yogurt (more protein!) By 4 , feel exhausted. By 5, feel really exhausted and a bit nauseous again. Eat some dried figs, nuts or healthy zucchini bread and then start the journey home about 6:30. The nights I have my group or individual grieving therapy are really hard, because I’m just so tired and hungry by this time! Get home about 7 normal nights and really need hummus and carrots. Chill out until Jose gets home. Eat about 8:30/9 and become very tired by 10.

Life really is so focused now on eating and sleeping! I try to get walks in when I am feeling good, but have to be careful as I can easily get exhausted, and so don’t walk too far from home or office.

Every day I look at my belly, and it’s clearly growing, but I keep asking myself when it will really pop out! This will of course happen soon enough. At this point, only a few pairs of pants still fit my waist, and I’m starting to wish for spring with easier skirts.

Other great news – another sonogram scheduled for next week!! Hopefully we will see the little berry/fig actually moving around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment