Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prenatal Yoga and Dr Visit

I went to my first prenatal yoga class today! It was great to get this stretching and breathing, and to be in a room of pregnant women!! We started sharing our names, due dates, feelings and any questions. Two women had reached their due date today! Another was having contractions, and is expecting next week. A handful of others were like me - between 13 and 18 weeks, showing but not with a big round belly. I heard 3 people talking about the same hospital that we'll go to if we stay with current doctor, and also got another doula recommendation. What great advice from Emmanuelle and Rita to seek resources and community via this class!! How nice that my nausea was down enough to go and enjoy!

I have been feeling a lot better lately, but did get a major swoop of nausea last night on the metro, and also in the middle of the night. The Dr today told me that this is just still normal while my baby moves from 1st to 2nd trimester. Today's Dr was warmer and nicer (also gay) than the last male Dr we had seen. The exam was pretty basic today, just basically getting my blood pressure, weight and baby's heartbeat. He/she was at 159/minute - definitely showing us that he/she is there!!

We are smitten with this baby more and more each day, and can't stop gazing at the cute sonogram pictures from last week (scanner at work still broken, but will post soon). We have a really great baby!!

We have also done more research into day care options, and will go do visits the week after next (more crazy work deadlines for me next week so difficult to get away). I am feeling better about our to do list, and finding the right day care, and doula if we take that option.

Finally, Jose painted the baby's room a light sky blue this past weekend, and we ordered a cute sailboat border!! We figure that for boys or girls, sailboats are hopeful and fun - and are a great reminder of my special Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment